During the month of May, Sinology Institute will be offering a Mandarin course on working in Mainland China. This course will teach students how to write a resume, prepare for an interview in Mandarin, and understand Chinese business culture, how to be an entrepreneur in China. This class will be taught in Chinese. The target audience for these classes is intermediate and advanced level students. Each class is 125 RMB or 400 for all four classes. The classes will begin the second week of May for four consecutive weeks from 7:30 to 9:30. The principal of our school, Jiao Yu, will be teaching this course.
The goal of this class is not only to teach students the necessary vocabulary, but also provide students with the cultural know-how to thrive in a professional Chinese business setting.
1. Tuesday, May 12th : Writing your Resume and Applying for Jobs
- How and Where to apply for jobs in China
- Application technical information
- Writing a Chinese resume
2. Tuesday, May 19th : Interviews
- Common questions that are asked
- What are your skills? What experience do you have?
- What are Chinese employers looking for?
- How are interviews different in China and in the West?
- Mock Interviews
3. Tuesday, May 26th : Chinese Business Culture
- How to work smoothly in a Chinese office
- Relationships between different Hierarchies
- Western vs. Chinese business practice
- Rookie Mistakes Foreigners make in Chinese companies
4. Tuesday, June 2nd: Entrepreneurship
- Starting a company in Beijing
- Opportunities and Challenges
- Case studies for different companies operating in Beijing
Jiao Yu is one of the founders of Sinology Institute. He graduated with a Masters in Teaching Chinese to Foreigners from Peking University. He has 12 years of Chinese teaching experience after working as a scriptwriter and producer for Chinese educational documentaries. He is currently teaching at Beijing Foreign Studies University School of Business through a partnership with Sinology Institute. He is in the second phase of writing and publishing his own Chinese textbook using the latest and most progressive teaching and studying methods.
For more information, email email@example.com or add us on Wechat.